Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Drop Cookies

This is one of my favorite fall cookie recipes! I originally posted this on Halloween, so don't mind that that is referenced. Make these before we move into eggnog, peppermint and everything Christmasy. They are delicious!

Here we are already at Halloween! Kiddos are both almost napping (one is fighting it more than her older, and smarter sister). I was so hopefully for good long naps today so they'd be well rested and happy for the later evening and festivities tonight, now we shall see. Darn kid. I know she's tired, why doesn't she just let that beautiful thing called sleep take over?
While they are napping today I decided to make some of my favorite fall pumpkin cookies to take over to a friends before the little Halloween Parade and Trick or Treating.
These are one of my favorites and always hit the spot. My Mom recently made them and used applesauce instead of 
the butter which made them healthier and they still tasted really good. Little different consistency - so if  you like the cake-like consistency that the butter brings, don't mess with them. She also added chocolate chips for a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, quite yummy and very similar to my favorite bread from Great Harvest.
Today though, I kept it simple and followed the recipe (minus nuts and raisins like the original calls for). I just wanted a simple, spicy, pumpkin cookie.
As I finish writing this, the house smells yummy and all is quiet on the home front. Here's to good naps and a good time with my little ladybug and bumble bee tonight! 
Happy Halloween!

Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Recipe from the back of a C&H Dark Brown Sugar Package

1 C Dark Brown Sugar, Packet  ** All I had was light so that's what I used today. **
3/4 C  (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 C canned pumpkin
2 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon ** I used 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice **
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C raisins
1/2 C chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs. Mix in pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients. Blend into creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts if adding. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. 
Makes about 5 dozen soft, spicy, cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment