Friday, November 18, 2011

Feel Good Friday

 Pinned Image



I wanted to share this quote with you as we get ready to head into Thanksgiving week. I think it is a nice reminder to focus on the good and focus on what we do have to be thankful for. Next week at this time we will still be half in turkey comas I'm sure. Our Thanksgiving tradition always involves not one, but two dinners and by the end we are stuffed. I think leggings will be the wardrobe to add for optimal eating comfort. I love Thanksgiving. I love the beautiful, cozy table my Mom always sets with candles, acorns and beautiful colors of orange and brown. I love the family that meets around the table, and I of course love the food. 
I'm taking a moment today to pause and reflect on what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. Although we should be thankful and grateful every day, Thanksgiving gives us the opportunity to really think about it and voice those parts of our life we are most thankful.
 I'm thankful for this new routine I'm living every day. There are moments where I do miss the teacher in me and I miss the amazing colleagues I worked so closely with for those years . But, I am thankful this opportunity presented itself to be able to stay home and I am thankful I was brave enough to take it.
I am thankful for my little family. I am thankful for two amazing little girls who are changing before my eyes and I am learning to be thankful even when they are driving me crazy (i/e -- as I am trying to type this, Stella is sitting on my lap and reaching for the keyboard...thankful, thankful, thankful....)
 I am thankful for my husband who works so hard for us and is so patient with me.
 I am thankful for immediate and extended family who helps us whenever they can. I have learned what it means to be a selfless parent by watching how giving my parents are.
I am thankful for my friends and the friendships that are such a support system.
I am thankful for the beautiful view when I look out my window. Yes, there are many moments I'm not thankful and would rather have a shorter drive to get to Target (or a decent grocery store for that matter) but when I stop and just look at the beauty around us I am thankful.
I am thankful for being sore after a tough class at the gym yesterday. Yes, I am thankful I' m sore. I love feeling this way and knowing I pushed myself and my muscles. I'm thankful I had a body that could get me through the class. I am probably the youngest one in my class and when I look at Francine (who's probably 65) I am in awe as she's doing jumping jacks with the weighted rope and doing sprints in the parking lot -- she's my inspiration to keep moving and pushing. I want to be like her when I'm that age!
The whole point of "Feel Good Friday" is to give you some food for thought, a positive quote, a fitness tip or inspire you to do a random act of kindness. It felt good for me to think about how much I really have to be thankful for; it's so easy to focus on what we don't have. But when you really stop to think, like the quote says, there's always something to be thankful for. So, your Feel Good Friday goal -- think about what you are thankful for and tell someone! It always is good to hear and it feels good to focus on what we are thankful for.
 A little random act of kindness goal too --  today I paid for the coffee of the person behind me at Starbucks. Have you ever been the recipient of something like that? It feels good, plain and simple. I hope they decided to continue the trend and pay it forward for someone else.
Happy Thanksgiving!

20 Thankfulness and Gratitude Quotes for Thanksgiving ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment