Friday, December 2, 2011

Feel Good Friday

Here we are in December and the countdown for Christmas is on!
 I was recently reading a blog where she did a Random Act of Kindness each day leading up to Christmas with her kids and I fell in love with the idea. (I have a girlfriend who did something similar for her 30th birthday, you can read about it here.) I knew I wanted to try this this year and I hope we can make this a tradition for our family in the years to come.  It is a good reminder, for us and our children, that Christmas isn't about the gifts we receive but it's about the joy of giving to others. For now we are going to use Friday's as our RAK Day; I hope you'll join me.
 I used these printables and  decided to spread some Starbucks cheer today. I love my Starbucks and think most people would agree. I bought four $5 gift cards and attached them to the card I printed. On the gift card itself I wrote: For: You, From: ,? Price: $5 Merry Christmas! Please spread the cheer!

We had so much fun driving around and letting the girls help pick out which cars to leave them on; we left one in the parking lot of a middle school, in the Denny's parking lot, Safeway parking lot, and Premier West parking lot.  Throughout the morning we talked about the surprise someone would get when they walked to their car and I asked Norah how she thought the'd feel, "very happy"  she replied. Yep, I'd have to agree.                                                                                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. I have been telling everyone about this idea! I think it's awesome that Norah was able to have a part in picking which cars to put them on =)

    ReplyDelete