Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Baking

Who needs dinner this week when all we will be doing is eating the sweets that are all around us this time of year? I just finished my grocery list for all the yummy goodies I want to bake to give as gifts to our neighbors, family, and Luke's old coworkers. 


Here's the plan:
Peanut Butter Blossoms 
I got this recipe from my Aunt Becky and it is so easy and so yummy! There are many different variations on this recipe I'm sure but these turn out so soft and perfect every time I don't think I'll ever try another recipe. I am a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate and these look so cute on a plate. Plus, they are so great for little hands to help with -- unwrapping all those Hershey kisses and  rolling the dough in sugar before baking.
Peanut Butter Blossom
Photo from here.


1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 - 1 Cup peanut butter 
1 egg
2 C Bisquick
Sugar
Hershey Kisses



In a large mixing bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth.  Add Bisquick and mix well, Chill at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cooking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes until lightly browned. While they are baking unwrap the Hershey kisses. When cookies come out of the oven, immediately press a kiss into the center.
Makes about 48 cookies.

Oreo Truffles
Yum!! Cream cheese and Oreo's -- how can you go wrong? These look really pretty on a plate and because they are pretty rich you can get away with only putting a few on a plate to share.
Pinned Image
Photo from  here.

1 pkg. Oreos, divided
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) Baker's  semi-sweet chocolate, melted

Crush 9 cookies to fine crumbs, set aside.  Crush remaining cookies to fine crumbs. Place in medium bowl and add cream cheese. Mix until well blended. Roll mixture into 42 balls, 1 inch in diameter. 
Dip balls in melted chocolate. Place on a waxed paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. 
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.






 Maybe I'm crazy for trying a new recipe to give as gifts but these look delicious and hard to screw up! 

Pinned Image

Again, another new recipe but they look so delicious! She has a great step by step tutorial that will make them easy to try.  



I think that's going to do it this year... if I get really brave I'm going to try Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls but that's if I'm bored and looking for something to do, which I highly doubt will be the case.

And to work off all this lovely baking and eating I want to enjoy -- here's a quick easy workout you can do while your food is baking in the oven. 
Nice
Found this here.


Happy  baking and Merry Christmas!

* I changed the comments section and you don't have to be a member now to leave comments! Please comment away! *

No comments:

Post a Comment